Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 in Retrospective

2011 was a pretty big year for me, so now, as we near 2012 (resolutions coming tomorrow!), I am choosing to take a moment and reflect on all the changes that have come my way. 

I started my last semester of high school.

I got promoted to a new department at my high school job.

I fell in love.

I got college acceptance letters and chose the University of Missouri.

I applied for, and received, scholarships.

I went to my Senior prom.

I scored highly on my Advanced Placement exams, giving my college credit as I entered school.

I turned eighteen.

I graduated from high school.

I got hurt by the person I loved, but still loved him.

I explored my hometown in a whole new way.

I traveled by myself for the first time.

I became a regular at a coffeehouse.

I wrote a lot of poetry.

I bought my first DSLR camera and fell in love with photography.

I landed an internship with the Wear To Go Girls fashion network.

I spent a week on the beach with my family and friends.

I showed someone new around my city.

I moved eight hours away from home for school.

I started my freshman year at the Mizzou.

I made a ton of new friends.

I explored nightlife in Columbia.

I got my first (ever) article published.

I got a surprise visit from a friend.

I fell out of love.

I started this blog.

I landed an internship with the Walt Disney Company.

I finished my first semester of college with all good marks.

I moved out of Mizzou and back home for the winter term.

A lot went on this year and it was a great adventure, more than I could have ever imagined! How was your year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment