Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Boo! Happy Halloween! (: Hope your having a magical (or spooky, depending on your preference) day and will have a great night tonight, regardless of what you choose to do!


Halloween, at least from my perspective, is one of the most exciting holidays of the year and requires the most creativity. From a college girl's perspective, Halloween (while it is tons of fun) is also frustrating. I mean, c'mon, we don't have a lot of time to make something, so we are left with two options - either come up with something in our closets or buy/rent a costume. And the options to buy/rent are....slutty, to say the least. Skanky is another descriptor I would use.


Some of the most popular costumes I saw this past weekend were "sexy" firefighter, "sexy" police officer, "sexy" ... honestly, I saw a bit of everything from "sexy" cat to "sexy" Twister. Yes, Twister, like the game you played in middle school. Remind me again how mammals and children's games are sexy?


However, when college students put a little effort into the costume, there were some great ideas which come to life. Some of my favorites I saw this weekend were Frat Boy (yes, it was ironic and hilarious), Ke$ha (the girl looked EXACTLY like her), Katy Perry circa California Girls video (cupcake bra and all) and Woody & Buzz (two guys on my floor bought and wore these costumes...originally made for 4yo boys).


As for me:I'm in the middle of this pic and I went as a girl straight out of the eighties -- got my ideas from Footloose (the ORIGINAL, not the mediocre remake). I'm actually pretty proud of this costume -- built it all from my closet (with an exception from the grey top, which is courtesy of my roommate) and it was comfortable (and warm) all night long.


Hope you have a great (and safe!) Halloween! I know I will... (:

No comments:

Post a Comment