Monday, January 2, 2012

Girly on the Couch

Girly

Girly by frecklegrrl featuring post earrings

A cute outfit to brighten up gray winter days is the perfect answer to post-Christmas blues. I've been quarantined to the couch the past few days as I recover from wisdom teeth extraction, but that hasn't stopped me from checking out all the fabulous online sales that are going on! Sadly for me, this means a lot of window shopping since I'm a broke college student, but looking doesn't cost anything!

Being on the couch has also given me a lot of time to finish "required reading" - the January issues of all my favorite fashion magazines, the Teen Vogue Fashion Handbook (for only about the hundredth time) and a few other scattered fashion books - and watch some amazing fashion documentaries - The September Issue (again...and again...and again), Bill Cunningham New York, Fashion in Film and whatever else I can scrounge up on Netflix to get my fashion fix. I've also been surfing the web for new blogs to follow, read and fall in love with - and I have to say, there is no shortage of fresh talent out in the blogosphere.

What are you favorite fashion books, magazines, blogs and documentaries? Fill me in! 

4 comments:

  1. Hope you heal fast from your wisdom teeth! Been there, done that, it's not always fun.

    I like Glamour and Lucky for magazines, I haven't looked for books, I should. Check out my "Link Love" on my blog for a list of blogs I adore! You are right, tons of talent out on the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute set! I was supposed to get my wisdom tooth removed last month but decided to let it stay. Its been bothering me for a couple of years now. The last time i got a wisdom attack (that's what i call the pain i get from them twice a year) was when I was on vacation and it hurt so bad!!!
    xx
    http://junebiswas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth. I'll def check it out. xo Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks June! Ouch, that sounds like no fun!!!!!!! ): But as long as it isn't frequent, you really should be okay. xo Emily

    ReplyDelete